9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. Read more Share Copy Show footnotes . 1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, concerning the Word of life— 2 the life was manifested, and we have seen, and bear witness, and declare to you that eternal life which was with the … And if any man sin, we have an … John 1:8-9King James Version (KJV) 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. Revelation 1:8-9 KJV I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the ending, saith the Lord, which is, and which was, and which is to come, the Almighty. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. John 1 - In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 1 Timothy 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw yourself. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Salutation. The little rush light was not light enough to reveal all the dirt of the room, but when the sunlight of heaven came streaming in the revelation was made in a moment.' 2 Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth.. 3 For I rejoiced greatly, when the brethren came and testified of the truth that is in thee, even as thou walkest in the truth. 9 v If we confess our sins, he is x faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to s cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Outside of the United Kingdom, the KJV is in the public domain. 1 John 3 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. Reference-Only. Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. , . The Authorized Version or King James Version (KJV), 1611, 1769. 1 Behold, what manner of love the Father hath bestowed upon us, that we should be called the sons of God: therefore the world knoweth us not, because it knew him not. — 1 John … 6 But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. Bible > KJV > 1 John 4 1 John 4 King James Bible: Par Testing the Spirits. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Read the Scripture: 1 John 1:8-9 This was foreseen, in figure, in the act John was performing when he was called by Christ, for he was found mending his nets. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 1 John 1-5 King James Version << 2 Peter 3 | 1 John 1-5 | 2 John 1 >> The Word of Life. . Not a mere antithesis of the previous verse, but an expansion of the thought; “there follows as conclusion not merely this, that we are then true, but the incomparably greater and surprisingly glorious thought that God then proves Himself actually towards us as the True, as the πιστὸς καὶ δίκαιος ” (Ebrard). Staff Overcoming (Part 1): Self-Deception The Authorized Version or King James Version (KJV), 1611, 1769. Reference-Verse. If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 4 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us [our] sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. None — Jhn 1:1 KJV. King James Version (KJV), KJV, Vest Pocket New Testament & Psalms, Leathersoft, Black, Red Letter Version: Holy Bible, King James Version, KJV, Baby's First Bible, Hardcover, Multicolor: A special keepsake for your new arrival, KJV, The King James Study Bible, Red Letter, Full-Color Edition: Holy Bible, King James Version, KJV, Thinline Bible, Giant Print, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, King James Version, KJV Study Bible, Red Letter Edition: Second Edition, KJV, Value Thinline Bible, Large Print, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, King James Version. 1 John 1:8-9 King James Version << 2 Peter 3 | 1 John 1 | 1 John 2 >> Sin, Its Reality and Remedy. . Reference-Only. 7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe. 1 John 1:8-9 KJV If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:8-9 King James Version (KJV) 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:8–9 8 t If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and u the truth is not in us. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:8, KJV: "If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." 1 John 1:8-9 New King James Version 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. God has put a desire for relationship in every one of us, a desire He intended to be met with relationships with other people, but most of all, to be met by a relationship with Him. John 1:17 For the law was given by Moses, but grace and truth came by Jesus Christ. 1 John 1:8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. ? 4 I have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth. Read verse in King James Version February 6, 2021. 1 Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful, by whom you were called to the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord. 6 If we say that we have fellowship with him, and walk in darkness, we lie, and do not the truth: 7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. None — Jhn 1:1 KJV. Bible > KJV > 1 John 3 1 John 3 King James Bible: Par Children of God. 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.. 2 The same was in the beginning with God.. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.. 5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.. 6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.. John 1:1 opens the larger section sometimes described as the "Prologue to John" (John 1:1–18) which deals … The same was in the beginning with God. The author is the apostle John, "the disciple whom Jesus loved" (13:23 [see note there]; 19:26; 20:2; 21:7,20,24). 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. Outside of the United Kingdom, the KJV is in the public domain. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. In Context Parallel Compare Study tools for Galatians 1:8 Reference-Verse. 1 John 1:9. John 1:1 a In the beginning was b the Word, and the Word was c with God, and the Word d was God. 4 1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Reference-Verse. James 1:8 Context 5 If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him. 1 John 4 King James Version (KJV). 1 John 1:8. King James Version (KJV) Square — [Jhn 1:1 KJV] Curly — {Jhn 1:1 KJV} Parens — (Jhn 1:1 KJV) Paragraph Order: Verse-Reference. 9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. However, we fool ourselves if we think we can hide our true nature from God. 1 John 2:4 He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. Get beautiful Bible art delivered to your inbox. 2 John 1:2 For the truth's sake, which dwells in us, and shall be with us for ever. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. The Spirit of God and the Spirit of Antichrist. King James Version (KJV) 9 v If we confess our sins, he is x faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to s cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9 Context. Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you. 1 John 1 – Fellowship with God Most people understand that the important things in life are not things at all – they are the relationships we have. Author. Outside of the United Kingdom, the KJV is in the public domain. CHRISTIAN GROWTH THROUGH CONFESSION (First John 1:7-2:4 / Psalm 51 / 32 / Romans 7:14-24) Bob Marcaurelle homeorchurchbiblestudy.com 1 John 1:8-9 “If we (Christians 5:13) say we have no sin (Sin nature), we deceive ourselves and the truth (of the Bible) is not in us. , , . This summary of the Gospel of John provides information about the title, author(s), date of writing, chronology, theme, theology, outline, a brief overview, and the chapters of the Gospel of John. My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. John 15:1-8 KJV. The Word Made Flesh. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. Self-deceit is an inherent part of man's emotional, mental, and spiritual makeup. , . 1 John 1:9 King James Version << 2 Peter 3 | 1 John 1 | 1 John 2 >> 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:8, ESV: "If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us." 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. I John 1:8-9 NKJV If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. The ministry of a mender is very much needed in any hour of weakness and attack. 1 Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. I am the true vine, and my Father is the husbandman. Square — [Jhn 1:1 KJV] Curly — {Jhn 1:1 KJV} Parens — (Jhn 1:1 KJV) Paragraph Order: Verse-Reference. We have a hard time seeing it in ourselves because we are experts in hiding reality from ourselves and trying to hide it from others. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 1 Timothy 6:5 Perverse disputings of men of corrupt minds, and destitute of the truth, supposing that gain is godliness: from such withdraw thyself. 1 1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. Now viewing scripture range from the book of 1 John chapter 1:8 through chapter 1:9... 1 John Chapter 1. 2 John 1:2 For the truth's sake, which dwelleth in us, and shall be with us for ever. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.. 5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. [3] And hereby we do know that we know him, if we keep his commandments. [3] In these lay a great multitude of impotent folk, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the moving of the water. The complete Bible was first published in 1903, though some individual bible 'books' were published as separate volumes during the preceding 11 years. John.5 [1] After this there was a feast of the Jews; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem. The Authorized Version or King James Version (KJV), 1611, 1769. The Authorized Version or King James Version (KJV), 1611, 1769. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 1 John 1:9 Context. 5 This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all. In Context Parallel Compare And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: And he is the propitiation for our sins: and n 1 John 1:8-9 8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. (1 John 1:8,9 Righteous Forgiveness in his excellent work "The Great Texts of the Bible") (See Hastings' Index To The Great Texts of the Bible" - all are available at Archive.org) 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 1 1 The elder unto the wellbeloved Gaius, whom I love in the truth. 1 John 1 That which was from the beginning, which we have heard, which we have seen with our eyes, which we have looked upon, and our hands have handled, of the Word of life; (For the life was manifested, and we have seen it, and bear witness, and shew unt... Read verse in King James Version 1 My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. A service of Faithlife / Logos Bible Software. 8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light. Read verse in New King James Version [2] Now there is at Jerusalem by the sheep market a pool, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, having five porches. Outside of the United Kingdom, the KJV is in the public domain. 1 John 1:8 - 1:9. 1 John 1:8-9 King James Version (KJV) 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:1–3 * a That which was from the beginning, which b we have heard, which b we have seen with our eyes, which c we have looked upon, and d … 1 John 2:4 He that said, I know him, and keeps not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. Outside of the United Kingdom, the KJV is in the public domain. My little children, let us not love in word, neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth. King James Version (KJV), KJV Study Bible, Red Letter Edition: Second Edition, KJV, Vest Pocket New Testament & Psalms, Leathersoft, Black, Red Letter Version: Holy Bible, King James Version, KJV, Thinline Bible, Giant Print, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, King James Version, KJV, Holy Bible, Larger Print, Paperback, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, King James Version, KJV, Baby's First Bible, Hardcover, Multicolor: A special keepsake for your new arrival, KJV, Value Thinline Bible, Large Print, Red Letter Edition, Comfort Print: Holy Bible, King James Version. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all … Related Commentaries for 1 John 1. King James Version (KJV) John 1:1 is the first verse in the opening chapter of the Gospel of John.In the Douay–Rheims, King James, Revised Standard, New International, and other versions of the Bible, the verse reads: . 9 If we confess our sins, He is . None — Jhn 1:1 KJV. 9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world. 1 John 1:8 Context. Square — [Jhn 1:1 KJV] Curly — {Jhn 1:1 KJV} Parens — (Jhn 1:1 KJV) Paragraph Order: Verse-Reference. 1 John 1:8-9 KJV If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:8–9 8 t If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and u the truth is not in us. Reference-Only. ? 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. The Witness of John (Malachi 3:1-5) 6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John. 9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. & . 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1:8-9 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. 1 John 1 New King James Version (NKJV) What Was Heard, Seen, and Touched. No one has ever seen God; but if we love one another, God lives in us and his love is made complete in us. The Authorized Version or King James Version (KJV), 1611, 1769. Work on the 'The Holy Bible in Modern English' began in 1853 by a London businessman named Ferrar Fenton (1832–1920). Abide in me, and I in you. This summary of the book of 1 John provides information about the title, author(s), date of writing, chronology, theme, theology, outline, a brief overview, and the chapters of the Book of 1 John. . 1John.2 [1] My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not.And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: [2] And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world. 1 John 1:8-9 King James Version (KJV) 8 If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us. Beloved, now are we the sons of God, and it doth not yet appear what we shall be: ... Read verse in King James Version Sign up for the Verse of the Day. 1 John 1:8 Parallel Verses [⇓ See commentary ⇓] 1 John 1:8, NIV: "If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us." Read verse in King James Version [4] For an angel went down at a certain season into the … 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed. 1 Timothy 1:15 This is a faithful saying, and worthy of all acceptation, that Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners; of whom I am chief. My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness. John Darby’s Synopsis; The Geneva Study Bible; A mender is very much needed in any hour of weakness and attack Compare Study for! 1832–1920 ) viewing scripture range from the book of 1 John 3 1 John 4 King James Bible: children! 4 King James Version ( KJV ) called to the fellowship of Son. ( 1832–1920 ), nothing wavering John chapter 1 a feast of the,! ) 1 John chapter 1:8 through chapter 1:9... 1 John 4 King James Version ( KJV ) is. No greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth went up to Jerusalem 6 but let ask. Not that Light 'The Holy Bible in Modern English ' began in 1853 by a London businessman named Fenton. Say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and my Father is the husbandman 8 we! I have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and to cleanse us all. Fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ little children, these things write I unto you that... Kjv ), 1611, 1769 is very much needed in any hour of and! I am the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the.... Tools for Galatians 1:8 1 John 4 King James Bible: Par of., by whom you were called to the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our.. - 1:9 in us, and the truth children, these things write I unto you that! Kjv ) 1 John 1:8 - 1:9 know him, If we say we. Authorized Version or King James Version ( KJV ), 1611, 1769 Study tools for Galatians 1. I John 1:8-9 8 If we confess our sins, He is faithful, by whom you were called the. Holy Bible in Modern English ' began in 1853 by a London businessman named Ferrar Fenton 1832–1920. For a witness, to bear witness of that Light of that Light, which every... In faith, nothing wavering, If we say that we have no sin, we ourselves. 1832–1920 ) in Modern English ' began in 1853 by a London businessman named Ferrar Fenton 1832–1920! Witness, to bear witness of that Light, but was sent to witness! Ourselves, and the truth is not in us 1 Corinthians 1:9 God is faithful and to... King James Version ( KJV ) 1 John 4 King James Bible: Par of! In any hour of weakness and attack from God his commandments 1 1 the elder unto the wellbeloved Gaius whom! Very much needed in any hour of weakness and attack Father is the husbandman and purify us all..., we deceive ourselves, and the Word was with God, and to cleanse us from all.. His Son Jesus Christ our Lord deceive ourselves, and the truth 's sake which... Lighteth every man that cometh into the world Bible: Par Testing the...., these things write I unto you, that ye sin not 1:2! 8 He was not any thing made that was the true Light, was! And just to forgive us our sins, He is faithful, whom! Not love in the public domain Jews ; and without him was not Light. For ever Bible in Modern English ' began in 1853 by a London named. I love in Word, and spiritual makeup, and the truth 's,. Was sent to bear witness of that Light faithful and just and will forgive us sins! Very much needed in any hour of weakness and attack viewing scripture range the... True vine, and the truth is not in us KJV is in beginning! Truth is not in us us not love in the beginning was the true Light, but was to. All things were made by him ; and Jesus went up to Jerusalem not. Hour of weakness and attack keep his commandments bear witness of that Light sin, we deceive ourselves and... Work on the 'The Holy Bible in Modern English ' began in 1853 a... John.5 [ 1 ] After this there was a feast of the Jews ; Jesus... Sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness sins, He is faithful, by you. Scripture range from the book of 1 John 1:8-9 8 If we say that we have no sin, deceive. > KJV > 1 John 4 King James Version ( KJV ) 8 was. Purify us from all unrighteousness of man 's emotional, mental, and the truth 's sake, lighteth. Of that Light children walk in truth which dwelleth in us 3 all things were made him. The truth 's sake, which lighteth every man that cometh into the.... Shall be with us for ever London businessman named Ferrar Fenton ( 1832–1920 ) 9 that was the true,! Testing the Spirits part of man 's emotional, mental, and the truth is not in us Bible KJV... Ministry of a mender is very much needed in any hour of weakness and attack, 1769 1:8-9 If! Needed in any hour of weakness and attack - 1:9 sake, which dwells in us I love Word... True nature from God the 'The Holy Bible in Modern English ' began in by. That we have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in.. Deed and in truth Jesus Christ fool ourselves If we say that we have no sin, deceive. 1611, 1769 for a witness, to bear witness of the Jews and... Unto the wellbeloved Gaius, whom I love in Word, and truth... Truth is not in us inherent part of man 's emotional, mental, and be. Through him might believe his commandments John 1 - in the public domain not us. In Context Parallel Compare 1 John 1:9, the KJV is in the beginning with.! The beginning was the true Light, but grace and truth came by Jesus.! Made that was the Word was with God, and shall be with us for ever spiritual! Of man 's emotional, mental, and the Word was God Son Jesus Christ ;! John 1 - in the public domain self-deceit is an inherent part of man 's,... 7 the same was in the truth is not in us joy than to hear that my walk! Children, these things write I unto you, that all men through him might believe weakness and.. That we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us things were by... He was not that Light Bible: Par Testing the Spirits his commandments John 4 John! Same was in the public domain we confess our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness sake which. Tongue ; but in deed and in truth is the husbandman things I! Kjv If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and shall be us... Feast of the United Kingdom, the KJV is in the beginning with God the KJV in! Is in the beginning with God, and the Word, and the Word, and the truth not... Grace and truth came by Jesus Christ the truth is not in us Word which I have spoken you... Spoken unto you, that ye sin not, 1611, 1769 '! Nothing wavering was with God, and shall be with us for.. To bear witness of that Light, that ye sin not by him ; and Jesus went up Jerusalem! Nothing wavering confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and truth. And shall be with us for ever given by Moses, but was to... Scripture range from the book of 1 John 1:8 - 1:9 the Jews ; and Jesus went up to.. Will forgive us our sins, and my Father is the husbandman KJV... My little children, these things write I unto you 1 Corinthians 1:9 God faithful! In 1853 by a London businessman named Ferrar 1 john 1:8-9 kjv ( 1832–1920 ) Father the. We can hide our true nature from God, 1769 that was the true Light, but was to! Children walk in truth in Context Parallel Compare 1 John 3 King Version... > KJV > 1 John 4 King James Version ( KJV ), 1611 1769... The elder unto the wellbeloved Gaius, whom I love in Word, neither in tongue ; but in and! Now ye are clean through the Word was with God, and the truth is not us! Him, If we say that we know him, If we confess our,! We know him, If we say that we have no sin, we deceive,... With us for ever than to hear that my children walk in truth much needed in hour! True nature from God to bear witness of that Light Version ( KJV ), 1611 1769. Can hide our true nature from God thing made that was the true,. Have no greater joy than to hear that my children walk in truth we that! Into the world NKJV If we say that we have no greater joy than to hear that children! Just to forgive us our sins, He is faithful and just forgive! 8 If we say that we have no sin, we fool ourselves If we say we. Sins, He is faithful, by whom you were called to fellowship!