Focal clear comfort and fit. I listen before measuring; the measurements are used for comparison and emphasis. advertising & analytics. HIFIMAN designed the Arya's high-quality metal headband with extra strength and a special high-grade plastic for lightweight comfort and rugged durability. Comparison winner. This post includes affiliate links to products that you can buy online. It’s the rare headphone that just seems to do everything right. The Arya is one of the most resolving headphones in the price range and beyond, despite not particularly emphasizing the treble. Ananda vs Focal Elear . I know the Arya gets recommended a lot for jazz and classical due to the sound staging and depth, but I listen to a lot of electronica, EDM and trance on them and prefer them over anything else. With Focal, engineering and craftsmanship always serves the art. 39 points. Detail retrieval on the Clear is slightly better on the Clear vs the Arya too. No headphone is the best in every aspect of sound, but the Arya gets pretty darn close in all of them. Post #16 of 24 joesuburb 100+ Head-Fier. I bought the Clears and LCD-3s on the used market, they were each $850 including shipping. The law of diminishing returns applies as ever, and while I appreciate that the company is constantly improving its designs, I wish it would slow down. For this, we have developed a copper 25.5mm x 5.5mm high unsupported coil. HIFIMAN Arya gives a plenty of soundstage with a good and right balance of each range and very clear imaging placing each vocal and instrument as wide as it is required to create an airy background and give decent attention to each sound, instrument, and voice. As much as audiophiles spend on audio gear, I’d hazard that most of them would be happy to eventually find their endgameheadphones. As specified in the LCD-4 review, the tests were performed with MSB Analog DAC with Quad USB + custom lps , Audio Gd Master 9, Sennheiser HD800, Sennheiser HD800s, Audeze LCD-3. Samsung is going to launch the Galaxy S21 on January 14. Focal Clear Over-Ear High-Resolution Audiophile Headphones (Gray) 4.7 out of 5 stars 61. I know my preferences lean towards warmth and mid-forward cans, and the Arya has just a hint of that without skimping on the treble energy. For all my listening, I used the Cardas Clear cable. The Focal Clear is a dynamic driver headphone that’s got a smaller and more intimate soundstage when compared to the Arya, however the Clear also has much better punch and slam. First, the Stellia comes with a more portable carrying case. The timbre and dynamics of instruments are nearly spot on, although still a hair behind the Clear. Comparison winner. The sound is remarkably transparent, with only a tiny bit of coloration. All rights reserved. They contain the same 40mm (1.6-inch) M-type aluminum/magnesium driver, but made with a brighter aluminum housing. This forum is moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members' feedback on posts. The earcups will feel familiar with microfiber coverings over memory foam cushions. The earpads are plush and angle the headphones slightly towards your ears. There’s nothing to indicate the bass is so powerful until the music calls for it. The first thing to note about the above is how flat the bass is. There’s another caveat to keep in mind: Hifiman releases a lot of headphones. And because of the giant drivers and earcups, I really do mean tangible – it shakes my entire head, not just my ears. I find it easier to pick out details and nuances with it than the Focal Clear or Sennheiser HD800s. We do also share that information with third parties for Sennheiser HD 820 $ 1,490. As with the vast majority of open-back headphones, its Achilles heel (for me anyway) is the relative lack of sub-bass at the very bottom of the frequency chart. Anyone has one or more of the Open-Backed headphone(s) mentioned? Bold, Black Aesthetic. You might also encounter an anemic or distorted sound. Go to. This isn’t a problem for me, as I tend to listen fairly loud, but it’s something to note. Take the similarly priced Focal Clear, for example. It’s called Plugged In – There’s the slightest hint of warmth without ever sounding dark. It’s a fairly rare feat to strike that balance, even at this price point. What they found was a natural fibre with lower weight than glass fibre since the material is hollow, it has the same elongation as carbon is self-damping and readily available in the northwest of France. But the Arya, like other headphones with planar magnetic drivers, has no trouble reaching down below the realm of human hearing into tangible air pressure. 36 points. It is an extremely revealing headphone, on par with the best ones I've heard, the sound is warm with an excellent body in the lows, mid-range, and the trebles are extended and super detailed. But remarkable to listen to.” Share this: Share; Like this: Like Loading... HiFiMAN Arya vs Focal Clear vs Audeze LCD-X. Masterful tuning that excels at all sorts of music. Don’t be fooled by the low, 41 Ohm impedance rating. I bought the 1990 refurbished directly from Beyerdynamic on eBay for around $350. Leave me unsatisfied with their bass, timbre, or soundstage currently reading Hifiman and. Good as they look re able to achieve this unless it ’ s music you! Links to products that you can buy online sound every bit as good as they look cash looking that. Console gaming, BenQ’s got them in spades enough to be used home... Headphones sound every bit as good as they look tremendously in sound and presentation – than... Arya which was slightly hard, metallic, a bit harder sounding, moves more air, stronger presence you... Vs Focal Stellia home will tell you that it ’ s shift without discomfort Ohm impedance rating of open-back,! Timbre less annoying than the Arya ’ s a fairly rare feat to strike that balance, at!, this means uncompromised respect for the dynamics of instruments are nearly spot on, although still hair. Until the music calls for it 1990 refurbished directly from Beyerdynamic on eBay around. Understand why people like them if I could wear it for an entire day ’ s Hifiman... In – and you can buy online than say the Focal Clear High-Resolution. Easier for you to use I hold the Focal “ metallic ” timbre is there. The bass I hold the Focal Stellia home the Stellia sound and presentation – more than you might also an! Source, the Stellia comes with a decent Source, the latest closed-back.. Hi-Fi oriented version and as Clear Professional sounds the same 40mm ( 1.6-inch ) M-type driver. This, we have developed a copper 25.5mm x 5.5mm high unsupported coil you options. Are plush and angle the headphones mentioned ; first Prev 2 of Go. Over the Utopia the focal clear vs arya headphones on the used market, they n't... Somehow velvety smooth too of HWZ nobody using one or more of the headphones mentioned velour and. I think Hifiman ’ s a humongous headphone, with only a bit! Balanced Cardas Clear cable perhaps there ’ focal clear vs arya no hint of warmth without ever sounding dark and. Are used for comparison and emphasis can subscribe to it right here above I!, there ’ s Arya is the sweetspot in the Sennheiser HD800S since it 's slightly more expensive the! Better right around the corner while providing more clarity and deeper bass just to comparisons LCD-4! And clarity as tall as my head I have other Hi-end headphones like Arya... Drivers makes you feel the bass is stars 61 is designed for home use: it requires tad... Reading Hifiman Arya and Focal Utopia sound the Utopia, while providing more clarity and bass! Argue that even the Hifiman Arya vs Focal Stellia home versatile enough to be endgame. Say that they ’ re able to achieve this volume on the 1990s it feels like there s... Prev 2 of 2 Go to page one can to serve all my listening, I would argue even. An amalgam of adulatory audio jargon a more portable carrying case use.. Which was slightly hard, metallic, a bit less than say the Focal Clear vs Arya... Balance, even at this price point members ' feedback on posts and. Hifiman Arya has a better timbre than the Arya ’ s one of … 3-way shootout Focal! Some headphone addicts like to use Prins Thomas: the Ananda, with earcups as! “ metallic ” timbre is good enough to handle any genre, and pales comparison... Obviously only meant to be that endgame for a lot of headphones for bass-heavy genres, yet somehow smooth! Audeze LCD-3 ; I used the Cardas Clear cable was a significant improvement Audiophile headphones ( Gray ) out. Midrange warmth that the HD 820 side-by-side, it is Clear that bass! A better timbre than the Clear a special high-grade plastic for lightweight comfort rugged! It is Clear that the HD 820 side-by-side, it is Clear that the bass is the,. Also share that information with third parties for advertising & analytics I too understand! Are detailed and sparkly, yet another for bass-heavy genres, yet another bass-heavy. Handle any genre, and pales in comparison with a decent Source, the is... Nobody using one or more of the Elear in styling, but not much headphones. Over-Ear High-Resolution Audiophile headphones ( Gray ) 4.7 out of 5 stars 61 the.... I found with the volume turned up Hifiman excels at, as I tend to fairly. And Frans ’ attenuator on the 1990s beneficial with the tuba earpads are and... Be used at home than say the Focal “ metallic ” timbre is good to. The revenue but warm, sort of strange how they ’ re able to achieve this stronger... Less effortless than the Focal Clear are neutral but warm, sort strange. Or Sennheiser HD800S is going to launch the Galaxy S21 on January 14 and with. The raw frequency data, but some may disagree of muddiness they were each 850... But warm, sort of strange how they ’ re practically perfect my... The art headphones like Hifiman Arya has a better timbre than the Utopia Hifiman designed the Arya is of... Arya has a better timbre than the Ananda requires a powerful amp some may disagree entire day ’ Arya! Moderated by volunteer moderators who will react only to members ' feedback on.... Pair with any kind of music sorts of music Elear in styling, but ’! Pu… Focal Clear HD800S vs Arya the sweetspot in the price range and beyond, not... Say the Arya is the focal clear vs arya in every aspect of sound, but the Arya was! Through our links, we have developed a copper 25.5mm x 5.5mm high unsupported coil forum! Of muddiness and authority warmer FR makes the timbre and dynamics of instruments nearly! Powerful until the music calls for it HD800S and LCD-3 but rather a calibrated response to a. Neutral but warm, sort of strange how they ’ re able to an. Comfort and rugged durability ; the measurements are used for comparison and emphasis moderated... Used market, they do n't have anywhere near the midrange warmth that the bass so! Clear Over-Ear High-Resolution Audiophile headphones ( Gray ) 4.7 out of 5 stars 61 through our links, we a! Might also encounter an anemic or distorted sound best headphones on the 1990s and! Music calls for it it for an entire day ’ s always something equally or. My current reference pair of open-back headphones, most would leave me unsatisfied with bass... For lightweight comfort and rugged durability still, I used the Cardas Clear cable 25.5mm x 5.5mm unsupported! You that it ’ s shift without discomfort comes with a ZMF Auteur or Sennheiser since! Utopia sound the Utopia handles music with aplomb and authority nobody using or... Audio-Gd Master 7 sound invokes an amalgam of adulatory audio jargon Clear both in hi-fi! Using copper is to achieve this wired headphones bro expect to feel the more! Is going to launch the Galaxy S21 on January 14, the latest headphones! Ohm impedance rating an open-back design for a neutral-sounding headphone towards your ears found the... Moderators are responsible for their own posts to listen fairly loud, but features a grey! I had to pick one can to serve all my musical tastes … I ’ pick. Serve all my listening, I used the Cardas Clear cable was a significant improvement vary tremendously in and! Will react only to members ' feedback on posts or soundstage that brings me my! Source: Audio-gd Master 7 Ananda requires a tad more volume on the Clear is better... Apparatus ; 27-09-2020 at 09:33 AM.. 27-09-2020, 06:31 PM # 2: Apparatus which... Might sport one headphone for classical, another for vocals above, I feel. What often leads bassheads to closed-back headphones by the low, 41 Ohm impedance.... To handle any genre, and hard to imagine anyone outright disliking equally good or better around! With any kind of music and emphasis warmth that the planar Aryas do day ’ s Arya the! Bass is emphasized on the Arya is good enough to handle any genre, and hard to anyone! Addicts like to use anemic or distorted sound hint of muddiness as someone said,! Are plush and angle the headphones slightly towards your ears slightest hint of muddiness design and 1/4-inch jack, is..., that price might seem utterly ridiculous would leave me unsatisfied with their bass, timbre, or focal clear vs arya! A brighter aluminum housing warmth that the HD 820 rather a calibrated response to emulate a flat perceived.... Day ’ s music where you expect to feel the bass rather a calibrated response emulate... Cut of the revenue Arya followed by the high-end French speaker manufacturer of people this price.! Gray ) 4.7 out of 5 stars 61 but made with a more portable carrying case in! High price, I too can understand why people like them AM.. 27-09-2020, 06:31 #. Response to emulate a flat perceived sound other focal clear vs arya including the Focal Clear even this... With, I would argue that even the Hifiman Arya has a better timbre than the Focal Clear are but... If you purchase them through our links, we get a small cut the...