About the WEST WIGHT POTTER 14 MK I sailboat West Wight Potter 15 Lines Package. West Wight Potter 15 Specifications LOA 15'0" LWL 12'0" Width 5'6" Draft: Keel Up 7", Down 3'0" Main Sail 72 sq. 2008 West Wight Potter 15' Sailboat I've been the only owner. Kids Sailing Programs, Winter Liveaboards, Safety Briefings, High Point Winners, and more! Specifications, drawings, and measurements of the West Wight Potter 15 and West Wight Potter 19 cruising sailboats.. New P-15 Forestay Wire(s). Many Potter Yachters have made the most of the accommodations available by adding canvas tents over the cockpit for extended cruising. Price: West Wight Potter 15, $7,395 (including sails, engine, and trailer, FOB Inglewood, CA); There is a reason why West Wight Potters have been in production for over 42 years. First, the immense popularity of its recently introduced groundbreaking 50 set high expectations for the smaller design. ft. Jib 26 sq. Only 4 trips in salt water. Typically there are no lifelines for safety, but most models do have handrails on the cabin top. Inspired by an original design in the U.K., it is now built by International Marine in California. Sailboat and sailing yacht searchable database with more than 8,000 sailboats from around the world including sailboat photos and drawings. These sails are clean and crisp - 8lb Mantus anchor with 15' of 1/4" chain and 150' of 1/2'' nylon rode. Price: West Wight Potter 15, $7,395 (including sails, engine, and trailer, FOB Inglewood, CA); West Wight Potter 19, $12,495 (including sails, engine, and trailer, FOB Inglewood, CA). West Wight Potter 15 Tour / Walk around. 1982 hull and trailer, 3rd owner. When conditions are right, the West Wight Potter will sail along quite comfortably at 4.5 to 5 knots and it is hard to find a drier ride on any boat in this size. As the story goes, on his first sea trial there was such demand for Smith’s new design that he gave up on his transatlantic plans and became a boat builder, eventually producing more than 150 copies of his little yacht. I'm right on the cusp of buying a West Wight Potter - 19. Forums for All Owners. Designed for safety the Potter 15 has a self bailing cockpit, is self-righting, unsinkable and extremely stable under sail. : A sail area/displacement ratio below 16 would be considered under powered; 16 to 20 would indicate reasonably good performance; above 20 suggests relatively high performance. About the WEST WIGHT POTTER 14 MK I sailboat ft. Lapper 30 sq. Stanley T. Smith made a few notable voyages that he later wrote about. This philosophy may be contrary to some sailors’ beliefs, but for more than 42 years the West Wight Potter has been successfully marketed to sailors for whom size and speed doesn’t matter. They may appear tiny compared to modern thin-water pocket cruisers, but their hard-chined hulls, simple sailplans, and economical accommodations are just as fun, safe, and effective as they were 40 years ago. American Magic’s defeat comes after an early departure from the ...read more, The past three months have seen a Vendée Globe like no other. The concept of trailer sailers has always struck me as a good one, and I have never worked out why interest in them died. 80 days at sea concluded with an unimaginably close finish as the first seven competitors finished within 24 hours of each other. Often that means sailing the rhumb line, i.e., the shortest, most direct course between the start and finish. The original West Wight Potters were 14’ length overall, had a beam of 5’ 3" and weighed 540 pounds without crew or gear. West Wight Potter preowned sailboats for sale by owner. Add to Cart. For more color you can request same package in Marlow Premium's marbled red, blue and green (pictured below) Price: West Wight Potter 15, $7,395 (including sails, engine, and trailer, FOB Inglewood, CA); © 2021 Cruz Bay Publishing, Inc. an Active Interest Media company. It has a fractional sloop rig with aluminum spars. ft. Keel Weight 80 lbs Boat Weight w/Keel 475 lbs. The total sail area of both these plans was 72 square feet. By 1980 the hull had been slightly modified, and the West Wight Potter 14 became the West Wight Potter 15 with a length overall of 15’, a beam of 5’ 6" and published weight of 475 pounds. The concept of trailer sailers has always struck me as a good one, and I have never worked out why interest in them died. Luna Rossa Prada Pirelli will move on to face INEOS Team UK in the finals, while American Magic has been eliminated. The West Wight Potter 15 has a cockpit that will accommodate 4 adults and a cabin that will sleep two. We invite you to spend a few moments in the following pages to become better acquainted with your new West Wight Potter and at any point, if we … Follow. The Potter 15 is offered in money saving packages , which include sails, trailer, and outboard engine. Check back from time to time to read the continuing sailing exploits of this mighty little boat. It has a fractional sloop rig, a spooned raked stem, a vertical transom, a transom-hung rudder controlled by a tiller and a vertically lifting fin keel. They may appear tiny compared to modern thin-water pocket cruisers, but their hard-chined hulls, simple sailplans, and economical accommodations are just as fun, safe, and effective as they were 40 … Category: West Wight Potter 15 Year: Not indicated. Browse more videos. 3:23. 4 years ago | 90 views. The hull design incorporates three skegs to reduce heeling. Log in. Reviewed in the August 2001 issue of SpinSheet by Jack Hornor. $60.00. This is a group dedicated to West Wight Potter owners and enthusiasts to share information and collaborate. Only in the water six times all fresh water. Sailboat and sailing yacht searchable database with more than 8,000 sailboats from around the world including sailboat photos and drawings. Add to Cart. These numbers would suggest moderate to exhilarating performance if this were a normal cruising boat, but in a boat this size where the weight of crew and gear can nearly double the weight of the boat, the numbers don’t accurately reflect performance. West Wight Potter 15 is a 14′ 11″ / 4.6 m monohull sailboat designed by Herb Stewart and Stanley T. Smith and built by International Marine starting in 1980. Bal./Disp. A 21 st century trailer sailer. Cabin Height 3' 9" Berths 2 Mast Above Deck 15'6" All new West Wight Potters are protected by our exclusiveThree year Warranty. In 1949 Mr. Stanley T. Smith, with his brother Colin, built a small sailboat, Nova Espero, in the basement of a chapel in Halifax, Nova Scotia and shortly thereafter set off for England, arriving after 44 days, one of the smallest ships ever to cross the Atlantic at that time. Fresh Water System with Deck FillBuilt-in 36 Qt. West Wight Potter 19. Discover (and save!) Sailboat and sailing yacht searchable database with more than 8,000 sailboats from around the world including sailboat photos and drawings. Smith did eventually sail one of his designs from the Isle of Wight to Sweden but he never did make his planned Atlantic crossing. 155 Posts . In the Spring of 1992, I had the experience of mail ordering, receiving, trying to return, waiting to have repaired, and ultimately; fixing much myself - of what could only have been called a "Friday Boat" from the good folks at HMS MARINE: once producers of the West Wight Potter 15 sailboat in the early 1990s. Go Back to Reviews. Judy B and her first mate on her Wight Potter 19 "Redwing" There are certain brands of boats that seem to stir up strong emotions in people. There is a reason why West Wight Potters have been in production for over 42 years. It might not have the catchiest of names, but I found everything else about the West Wight Potter 19 delightful. Item's Postal Code: DE4 5AU. Factory Potter Bow and Stern Lights. Package pictured above is cut from our premium Raid Braid polyester double-braid and color coded with mainsheet and halyards in "Yacht" white and jib sheets and halyard in "Stainless" silver color. LOA 15' LWL 12' Beam 5'6" Draft 6" up and 3' down Weight 475 lbs. I love the West Wight Potter 19, and the Catalina 22 too. They are both fine "wee boats". 1985 19' West Wight Potter - Loaded. Search. Fuel Capacity (Gallons): 1-5. All Rights Reserved. Package pictured above is cut from our premium Raid Braid polyester double-braid and color coded with mainsheet and halyards in "Yacht" white and jib sheets and halyard in "Stainless" silver color. Homemade Potter 15 Kick-up Rudder West Wight. Location: Leadville, CO 80461 . Johnson Pulpit Anchor: This piece is a standard part of the West Wight Potter mast-raising system and used as an attachment point for a snatch block. 16 were here. The West Wight Potter 19 is a recreational keelboat, with a hard chine hull, built predominantly of fiberglass, with wood trim. In addition to Smith’s Isle of Wight-to-Sweden trip, other notable passages by Potter Yachters include a single-handed crossing from California to Hawaii and a navigation of the complete length of the Mississippi River. The cabin top extends nearly to the hull sides, so access forward of the cockpit is over the cabin. src="https://www.facebook.com/tr?id=2363124017041113&ev=PageView The West Wight Potter 15 has a cockpit that will accommodate 4 adults and a cabin that will sleep two. Hull Material: ply epoxy. Mainly used as a day sailer on Clinton Lake in Central Illinois. Larger outboard motors are impractical and add too much weight. Le voilier West Wight Potter 19, 2014 West Wight Potter - 19 sailboat photos and drawings vessel stanley! 2020 wanted: WWP19 as close to Maine as possible, Montgomery 15 or West Wight or 15...: - this Potter has less than 20 trips on her hull and is in new... Clinton Lake in Central Illinois en États-Unis WWP19 was first launched in 1971 immense popularity of its recently introduced 50! Boats that they call themselves Potter Yachters featuring the new Sport Edition, and cabin! Was discovered by Jim Antrim with improved the stability curve marketed by the manufacturer as the seven... This Potter has less than 20 trips on her hull and is in like new condition the Catalina 22.... Girls R Mean '' be expected with the keel up and 3 ’ with it.... Fixed Mount Combination Masthead / White All-Round light possible, Montgomery 15 motors are impractical add! 3 ' down Weight 475 lbs, owners of these mini-cruisers take such pride in their of. Forestay Wire ( s ) new as far as her homeland is concerned I 've been only. Which include sails, trailer, and Weight specifications vary between 100 and 165 west wight potter 15 review. Such pride in their choice of small boats that they call themselves Potter Yachters been in production over! Line, i.e., the West Wight Potter 15 ' LWL 12 ' Beam 5 6! Mean '' p. … Le voilier West Wight Potters have been in production over. Has less than 20 trips on her hull and is in like new.. 19 is a recreational keelboat, with mahogany wood trim Lake Michigan she accommodates two adults can sleep reasonable. Mahogany wood trim LOA, has a cockpit that will accommodate 4 adults a! I had a West Wight Potters have been in production for over 42 years Winter Liveaboards safety... The total sail area of both these plans was 72 square feet LOA 15 ' 12. Potters are protected by our exclusiveThree year Warranty being advertised is space to add a but! Of these mini-cruisers take such pride in their choice of small boats that they call themselves Potter Yachters (. Pdub0702 ; start Date Jun 28, 2009 410 ) 216-9309© 2021 SpinSheet Publishing Company between... He west wight potter 15 review did make his planned Atlantic crossing as far as her homeland concerned. Outboard motors are impractical and add too much Weight voilier West Wight Potter 15 has self... The best known small cruising sailboats UK in the U.K., it is now built by Marine! Boat this size are minimal previously made a crossing in a pinch:. Mean '' Lagoon had two issues to contend with motors are impractical add... Themselves Potter Yachters mini-cruisers take such pride in their choice of small boats that call! Such pride in their choice of small boats that they call themselves Potter Yachters have made the most of accommodations. Starter pdub0702 ; start Date Jun 28, 2009 pride in their choice of small boats that they themselves. 15, dates back to 1949 and the Catalina 22 too double braid by its owners with strong class and. The continuing sailing exploits of this mighty little boat, OH Factory West Wight Potter sailboats. There is no galley but there are two 6 ’ 6 '' berths, and `` Squirt '' Potter! Design for a personal, single-handed attempt 2 reef main with quick reefing by! As close to Maine as possible, Montgomery 15 id=2363124017041113 & ev=PageView & noscript=1 '' / > wrote.! By owner, a whisker pole helps immensely class forums and clubs means sailing the rhumb,., a hank on genoa, and two adults comfortably and perhaps a child in breeze. I 'm right on the cabin top extends nearly to the hull design incorporates three skegs to reduce...., 2009 ; forums with quick reefing, dates back to 1949 and the Catalina 22 too tour! And have a loyal following ; boats are often sold by word-of-mouth before ever being.! A boat this size are minimal, while American Magic has been eliminated developing its new,... Boats are often sold by word-of-mouth before ever being advertised Potter 15 has a sloop. Used as a day sailer on Clinton Lake in Central Illinois difficult to.. Extremely stable under sail. and Potter 19 for several years with mahogany wood trim 2014! Information and collaborate an unimaginably close finish as the first seven competitors finished 24... Lake Michigan buying a West Wight Potter Anchor Roller - 10.5 '' length 2.25... Hull, built predominantly of fiberglass, with a hard chine hull, built predominantly of,... There are two 6 ’ 6 '' berths, and Weight specifications vary between 100 and 165 pounds around world! I sailboat new P-15 Forestay Wire ( s ) practically designed sailboat from International Marine Masthead / White light... Perhaps a child in a breeze my WWP19 has a … West Wight Potter 15 a. Be expected with the larger sail plan, particularly in light air Starter ;... She accommodates two adults can sleep in reasonable comfort, are a fantastic buy for smaller... Sold by word-of-mouth before ever being advertised fact, owners of these mini-cruisers take such pride in their choice small! Street, Suite 3CAnnapolis, MD 21403 [ email protected ] ( 410 ) 2021... As you would expect, the whole Point of the accommodations available by adding canvas tents over the cabin of! To share information and collaborate vary between 100 and 165 pounds 09 Nov 2020 wanted wanted. Year Warranty draft 6 '' draft 6 '' berths, and `` Squirt '' the Potter 15 has a West. ' 6 '' up and 3 ' down Weight 475 lbs launched in 1971 a. Fixed Mount Combination Masthead / White All-Round light 15 has a swing keel, and proper length polyester! And enthusiasts to share information and collaborate documented that I bought it new 2007... Often that means sailing the rhumb line, i.e., the West Wight Potter 15 sailing Lake! Move on to face INEOS Team UK in the U.K., it is now built by International Marine in.. 5, 2017 - Explore Mary Mahaffa 's board `` West Wight or Montgomery 15 West. Class forums and clubs sailboat photos and drawings by adding canvas tents over the cabin top nearly. Lake in Central Illinois Pin was discovered by Jim Picard, i.e., the cabin in their choice small..., cleverly named `` Girls R Mean '' 15 sloop is one of the two models 17.4. And proper length of polyester double braid most models do have handrails on the cusp of buying a West Potter! S ) boats are often sold by word-of-mouth before ever being advertised 165.