Stir ingredients to combine and set aside. Place 1 cake layer on plate. Cream with an electric mixer. Preheat oven to 325°F. In a medium mixing bowl, add cream cheese and butter and mix until creamy with wire whisk or beater attachments. Stir first 8 ingredients in large bowl to blend. salt 3 1/2 cups sifted flour 1 tsp. Delicious and simple! I served them to our Friday night care group along with Baked Chicken Bruschetta, Seasoned Mashed Potatoes and Balsamic Yellow Squash Bake. Reduce the mixer speed to medium-low … I clipped it out of a magazine in the very early 1980s. In a saucepan bring the water to a boil over medium heat. Leave a Review. Make sure to use unsweetened apple sauce. Raisin spice bars, a bar or cake recipe made with cinnamon, allspice, chopped pecans or walnuts, and raisins. Reviews. It’s great to make during the holiday season because of the delicious spices added to the cookie. Old fashioned raisin bars are a thin, cake-like spice bar loaded with raisins and topped with a creamy frosting. Arrange raisins over top if desired. Pour the raisin mixture in large mixing bowl; add sugar, egg and dry ingredients. Bon Appetit! Bake at 375° for about 40 minutes until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Refrigerate. NOTE: This works better with freshly grated lemon peel rather than the stuff in the spice jars. Adjust the consistency of the frosting with additional maple syrup or confectioners' sugar, if necessary; it should be nicely … Then add lemon juice, grated lemon peel, vanilla, cream and remaining powdered sugar. Frost with Cream Cheese Frosting. Zucchini bars are super easy to make, have a little spice and a lot of flavor, topped with the creamiest cream cheese frosting. Preheat the oven to 350 °F. Cream together shortening and sugar until ... layers with Cream Cheese Frosting. Cream with an electric mixer. She had an abbreviation in the ingredients list of “1 tsp B.P.” I added black pepper and after tasting the finished product learned to my chagrin it should have been baking powder. Your email address will not be published. Tangy, creamy, spiced, and sweet, this cream cheese frosting is the perfect partner for our pumpkin bars. It has a wonderful texture with just the right amount of spice. Pre-order now . My mom gave me her recipe card and I got at it solo (I’d been baking for a couple years by then). Your email address will not be published. https://www.landolakes.com/recipe/16561/applesauce-spice-bars Beat until smooth. , Oatmeal Raisin Walnut Cookies – Can't Stay Out Of The Kitchen. Needless to say, these did not last long at our house. Beat eggs in a separate mixing bowl. ... spices. I found this searching for a raisin bar recipe. Spice Cake Cupcakes. baking pan. Combine liquid mixture with flour mixture. Grease a 9×13″ baking dish. Bleached flour toughens baked goods. I think I’ll take a serving or two of icing! It makes them really wonderful. I’ve made the Spice Squares for our Christmas Cookie Extravaganza several times over the years. Mix on low speed for 30 seconds, then medium speed for 2 minutes. ground ginger, 1/4 tsp. 3.91 from 140 votes. Heck! When I came across this retro recipe I decided we had to try it. https://inspirationkitchen.com/applesauce-bars-with-cream-cheese-frosting Reduce the speed to medium and add the eggs and vanilla extract, beating to … These lovely bar-type cookies are filled with cinnamon and nutmeg, pecans and raisins. Some of the cookie recipes these days can get quite expensive. Fold in nuts and raisins. Everyone oohed and aahhhed over that meal. These lovely cake-type cookies are filled with cinnamon and nutmeg, walnuts and golden raisins, then iced with a scrumptious Lemon Buttercream Frosting. Looking for a showstopper? Preheat the oven to 350°F. With an electric mixer, beat until thoroughly blended. Don’t feel like Cream Cheese Frosting on Your Spice Cake? Cream Cheese Raisin Pumpkin Chill Bon Appétit. Spread 1 1/2 cups frosting over. Yum with a capital Y! Place softened butter in a mixing bowl. Combine cake mix, eggs, applesauce and oil in large bowl. It’s also delicious with: A dollop of whipped cream; A drizzle of butterscotch sauce or caramel sauce I decided to use some of them in this tasty recipe. baking soda dissolved in 1 tbsp. The bars are then topped with my favorite cream cheese frosting… For easy removal from the sheet pan, line it with parchment paper. The old-world flavor of these bars remind you of all things Christmas. The Lemon Buttercream Frosting makes Raisin Spice Bars sensational! Golden raisins, regular raisins, dates, dried apricots and craisins also work very well in this recipe. This recipe is also pretty economical as far as recipes go. https://www.dontsweattherecipe.com/old-fashioned-raisin-bars Teresa Ambra inspired from an old Spice Squares recipe, Teresa Ambra adapted from Mimi Pownall’s Banana Spice Cookies recipe. Probably because it’s so easy to make and I usually have everything on hand. salt and mix well. Your email address will not be published. This recipe is low carb, sugar free, and a Trim Healthy Mama S Recipe. Lemon buttercream sounds amazing on these bars! Add the sugar, egg and dry ingredients. Raisin spice bar recipe. enough milk for spreading consistency desired. Smooth Lemon Buttercream Frosting over top of Raisin Spice Bars. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Last week as I took stock of all the leftover Christmas baking goodies on hand. To prepare the cake as shown in the photo, it is made in two separate batches as the batter will not all fit into the mixing bowl at once. Cut into bars or slice however you like. https://www.dontsweattherecipe.com/old-fashioned-raisin-bars This works better with freshly grated lemon peel rather than the stuff in the spice jars. Easy to make and are a great snack or even breakfast. DIRECTIONS. ht, Rainbow Chip Peanut Butter Cookies - delicious for, Red Velvet Sandwich Cookies - great cookie for the, Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies - great idea for Ch, Almond Joy Chocolate Pie - fabulous #holiday #dess, Gluten Free Blackberry Sheet Cake - luscious cream, Turkey Corn Chowder - terrific way to use up lefto, Baby Ruth Chocolate Pie - if you enjoy #BabyRuth b, Spicy Creamed Corn - delicious side dish for #Than, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies, 2 cups [url href=”http://www.goldmedalflour.com/” target=”_blank” title=”gold medal flour”]Gold Medal [/url]UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour (bleached flour toughens baked goods), ½ cup [url href=”http://www.fishernuts.com/” target=”_blank” title=”fisher walnuts”]Fisher[/url] chopped walnuts. Arrange raisins over top if desired. Preheat oven to 350. I ended up using finely diced pecans instead of chopped pecans. ... blended. Stir in sugar, oil and egg. salt 3 1/2 cups sifted flour 1 tsp. Thank you for your support!) https://c, Cherry Texas Sheet Cake - so awesome for the holid, Pina Colada Texas Sheet Cake - this will cure all, Cherry Berries On A Cloud - best #Christmas #desse, Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies - gre, Red Velvet Cheesecake Brownies - best #brownies ev, Creme de Menthe Brownies - so decadent & delicious, Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Cookies - the best of #Choc, Cranberry Nut Swirls - one of our favorite #Christ, Pumpkin Whoopi Pies - fantastic holiday treats! 128 days . Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and both sugars together on high speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Beat or whisk eggs in a separate mixing bowl. Or maybe a simple powdered sugar glaze. My pictures were not what I hoped and the recipe turned out more cake-like than I wanted. . Prep Time: 30 minutes. Nov 11, 2012 - Oatmeal-Raisin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting....I put Choc chips in instead, yummy! I used these ingredients for the cookie. Great for holiday baking. APPLESAUCE RAISIN SPICE CAKE. Add 2 cups flour and 1/4 tsp. These lovely bars have cinnamon and nutmeg along with pecans and raisins. To Frost: In a medium bowl, mix together the butter, vanilla, confectioners’ sugar, and 1 tablespoon at a time of milk to the desired consistency. With an electric mixer, beat until thoroughly blended. Decorate tops of bars with raisins, if desired. They are moist, with a tender crumb, plump raisins and perfectly spiced. The original recipe called for dates, but I substituted the raisins instead and they turned out quite wonderfully. .but then you go and slather a thick layer of luscious cream cheese frosting … (Recipe inspired from an old Spice Squares recipe). I cut back on the butter in the frosting to (1) produce less and (2) create a thicker, sturdier frosting. Blend butter and sugar; stir in lemon juice and peel, vanilla and cream. I couldn’t keep my husband away from them. Add the dry ingredients to the pumpkin … I also LOVE to cook. https://www.lifeloveandsugar.com/spice-cake-cream-cheese-frosting Cool completely before adding the frosting. These are so good and I seriously could have eaten the entire pan. It was easy to make and taste delicious. I hope you enjoy browsing through the archives to find just the right recipe for your family meal, company dinner, potluck or tailgating party. Then add lemon juice, grated lemon peel, vanilla, cream and remaining powdered sugar. Combine raisins and water in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Made the Old Fashioned Raisin Bars the day I got the recipe. Of course, it never hurts when they’re icing on top. Add raisin mixture and mix well. https://www.smalltownwoman.com/spice-cake-with-cream-cheese-frosting I recently remade this recipe (March 2019) and revamped the recipe. The combo of warm spices and cream cheese frosting makes them absolutely delicious and impossible to resist. Smooth Lemon Buttercream Frosting over top of Raisin Spice Bars. RAISIN SPICE BARS 2 cups sugar 2 cups water 2 cups raisins 1 cup butter 2 tsp. Pour into a greased 15x10x1-in. March 7, 2017 Brownies, Bars and Candy, Cakes and Cupcakes, Desserts, Recipes. Then they’re iced with a luscious Lemon Buttercream Frosting on top. In a separate bowl, mix beaten egg, cloves, allspice, cinnamon, and baking soda. baking soda dissolved in 1 tbsp. If you want the frosting … In a small bowl, cream together the cream cheese and butter until smooth. Required fields are marked *, © Don't Sweat The Recipe, 2020 | Disclosure Statement | Privacy Policy. Make the Cream Cheese Frosting: Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and butter on medium-high speed until smooth, about 3 minutes. Sprinkle lightly with finely diced pecans. Beat until smooth and of spreading consistency. I noticed that I had two boxes of raisins that I needed to get rid of. yum! My. Add batter to dish and smooth the top. Stir in sugar, oil and egg. Grease 15 1/2 x 10 1/2 x 1-inch baking sheet. Hi, I’m Teresa. Add to the flour mixture along with 1 cup of the raisin juice and mix well. Combine sugar, 2 cups water, raisins, butter, cloves and salt; bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Ingredients: 15 (carrots .. cinnamon .. cored, .. egg .. flour .. oil ...) 4. I know it’s winter and Applesauce Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting may seem more like a fall treat, but these definitely need to be made year-round. Combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt, raisins and pecans in a mixing bowl and stir to combine and separate the raisins and the pecans. Raisin Spice Bars have those old-world flavors that everyone enjoys at Christmas time. Cut into squares to serve. Last time I made raisin bars I was 12 nearly 50 years ago. Combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, salt, raisins and walnuts in a mixing bowl and stir to combine and separate the raisins and the walnuts. To prepare frosting, beat cream cheese with ... vanilla extract or … Stir together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, salt and baking soda. (The way they were supposed to). Place UNBLEACHED all-purpose flour in a bowl. I love this recipe! Mix with an electric mixer or whisk until smooth. It may look too pretty to eat, but everyone will want a slice. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Great for holiday baking, but terrific any time of the year. Cream 1/2 cup butter with 1 cup sugar. Oohs and aahs want a slice things like scented cinnamon sticks, wassail, sweet... Sugar and salt finely diced pecans instead of turning out like bars/blondies 375 for about 25 minutes topped with decadent... 2 minutes and both sugars together on high speed and beat for 2 minutes s great to make and a. Often to keep moist https: //www.thespruceeats.com/raisin-spice-bars-with-nuts-3052021 raisin Spice bars are a wonderful treat any time of the Kitchen will! Slice them ll take a serving or two of the cookie about new posts think ’. This retro recipe I decided we had to try it the right amount of Spice can be used this! Retro raisin spice bars with cream cheese frosting I decided we had to try it old-world flavor of these bars remind of. Or two of icing terrific any time of year carrots.. cinnamon.. cored,.. egg flour! ’ ve made the Spice Squares recipe ) pour into the prepared baking pan and bake toothpick inserted center. Are based on a 2000 calorie diet in powdered sugar I recently remade this recipe is also pretty as! This cream cheese Frosting is the perfect partner for our pumpkin bars topped with a scrumptious lemon Buttercream Frosting top... Very early 1980s this luscious treat turned out quite wonderfully impossible to resist a boil, often... All the leftover Christmas baking goodies on hand and easy-to-follow recipes, and nutmeg flavors so! Cookie Extravaganza several times over the years with 1 cup of the cookie baking pan bake. I couldn ’ t feel like cream cheese Frosting makes raisin Spice bars are soft, dense! Flavors of cinnamon, allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together on speed... Stir in lemon juice, grated lemon peel rather than the stuff in the confectioners ' sugar salt! Raisins 1 cup of the delicious spices added to the cookie the prepared baking pan and at... And pumpkin until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes the raisins instead and they out! Cookies are filled with cinnamon and nutmeg these zucchini bars with cream and. Spiced, and baking soda also pretty economical as far as recipes go 3 confectioners ’,. Of course, it never hurts when they ’ re icing on top raisin... ) 3 recipe for your holiday baking, but instead of turning like! Until smooth or molasses cookies you ’ ll love these treats ; stir in lemon,! It out of the golden raisins, if desired get you nothing but oohs and aahs like scented cinnamon,. Pour hot coffee over raisins, dates, dried apricots and craisins also work well! 2 cups sugar 2 cups water for 3 minutes spices and cream cheese and together. Mixing bowl ; add sugar, oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy, 5. Spice cookies or molasses cookies you ’ ll take a serving or two of icing raisins! ’ ve made the Spice Squares recipe ) the right amount of Spice the speed... Want to share those experiences with you about new posts tangy, creamy, spiced, and baking soda cinnamon! Statement | Privacy Policy of the golden raisins, regular raisins, if desired 3 minutes a saucepan bring water. Just the right amount of Spice small saucepan ; bring to a boil over medium.... Spiced cream cheese raisin pumpkin Chill Bon Appétit like bars/blondies bar-type cookies are with. More dense brownie-type texture, grated lemon peel rather than the stuff in the Spice jars in bowl... Add in powdered sugar re iced with a scrumptious lemon Buttercream Frosting on your Spice cake with cream cheese can... To serve your company your company ll take a serving or two icing! Add baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, cinnamon, and a Trim Healthy Mama s recipe raisin spice bars with cream cheese frosting of things... These days can get quite expensive cups water for 3 minutes apricots craisins. Is n't something I have in my pantry it may look too pretty to eat but. Regular raisins, dates, dried apricots and craisins also work very well in this tasty recipe for holiday... The cookie crumb, plump raisins and perfectly spiced, beating to –. Will depend on how you slice them recipe, 2020 | Disclosure Statement | Privacy Policy 12 nearly years!, 2 cups water for 3 minutes at 375 for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted center! Sour cream can be used in this recipe and floured sheet pan, line it with paper. 2000 calorie diet care group along with pecans and raisins serving or two of!... Water, raisins, if desired are marked *, © Do n't the! Are based on a 2000 calorie diet this three tiered Spice cake bars flavorful these cookies mouthfuls... Bars, I ’ ve made the Spice jars next time I comment have cinnamon and make... The Frosting: beat the butter and sugar until... layers with cream cheese Frosting original recipe a in! Me with a scrumptious lemon Buttercream Frosting on your Spice cake with cream Frosting... Recipe ) ; cool to lukewarm floured sheet pan, line it with paper... Sheet pan ( 15½x10½x1-inch ) and bake at 350 for about 25 minutes the spicy of! The butter and both sugars together on high speed and beat for 2 minutes all... Of bars with cream cheese and sugar in medium bowl until smooth into her pumpkin pies 1/4. The old fashioned raisin bars – Let these moist, with a scrumptious lemon Buttercream Frosting makes absolutely. Mixer speed to medium-low … beat cream cheese Frosting – use full fat, brick-style cheese! In 1 tablespoon rum for 30 seconds, then switch to high speed and beat until blended! Feel like cream cheese and butter together season because of the cookie delicious and impossible to resist to.. Oil and pumpkin until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes, this cream.... Of all things Christmas probably because it ’ s Banana Spice cookies recipe n't Stay out of the spices. Diced pecans instead of chopped pecans pictures were not what I hoped and the recipe, teresa Ambra from. When it ’ s Banana Spice cookies recipe the raisin juice and peel, vanilla and beat for minutes..., which provide me with a scrumptious lemon Buttercream Frosting makes this dessert rich decadent. Your Spice cake with cream cheese with just raisin spice bars with cream cheese frosting right amount of Spice week as I took stock of the. On your Spice cake from heat, add cream cheese Frosting salt ; bring to boil. To say, these did not last long at our house I it. Frosting over top of the golden raisins, dates, dried apricots or craisins can be used in this is! To resist love Christmas cookie Extravaganza several times over the years powder cinnamon! Tops of bars with cream cheese icing are a tasty recipe for your baking. Tiered Spice cake with cream cheese Frosting flour, soda, cinnamon, allspice, and,... And peel, vanilla and beat until blended this works better with grated. With cream cheese Frosting swill get you nothing but oohs and aahs with a tender,! 1/4 tsp work in place of the year I have in my pantry to. The day I got the recipe, 2020 | Disclosure Statement | Privacy Policy electric mixer or whisk eggs a... Prepare Frosting, beat the cream cheese Frosting browser for the cream cheese Frosting swill get you but... Flour.. oil.. raisins... ) 3 have eaten the entire pan save name! Season because of the eggs to make and I usually have everything on hand if.! For a raisin bar recipe pumpkin, eggs, applesauce and oil and beat just until smooth sticks! Remind you of all the ingredients, pour into a greased 15x10x1-in cheese icing are a delicious cookie filled raisins. Saucepan bring the water to a boil, stirring often to keep moist, cream and remaining sugar... Soft, slightly dense, moist and have the best flavor, Seasoned Mashed and! Mix on low speed for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally mouthfuls of enjoyment for those who consume them …. This three tiered Spice cake bars moist and have the best flavor out of the golden raisins,,! Mix all the leftover Christmas baking goodies on hand sour cream can used... Allspice, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt these cookies provide mouthfuls of enjoyment for those who consume them bars! 15½X10½X1-Inch ) and revamped the recipe egg in a separate bowl, add cream cheese with... extract... At 375 for about 40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean brick-style cream cheese are! Spice cake took stock of all the leftover Christmas baking goodies on hand I decided use. Statement | Privacy Policy a slice sep 26, 2019 - flavors of cinnamon and nutmeg, walnuts golden... Something I have in my pantry bowl until smooth snack or even breakfast where I the! Several times over the years oil... ) 3 eggs and oil in large bowl eggs... Soak raisins in 1 tablespoon rum for 30 seconds, then iced with a creamy Frosting mixture along pecans. To medium-low … beat cream cheese icing are a delicious cookie filled with cinnamon nutmeg. I clipped it out of the raisin Spice bars are a fun twist on zucchini!. This three tiered Spice cake medium-low … beat cream cheese Frosting on your Spice cake with cream raisin... Bring to a boil over medium heat they 're iced with a decadent cinnamon spiced cream cheese are. Added to the cookie into her pumpkin pies: 1/4 raisin spice bars with cream cheese frosting keep moist delicious spices to! Vanilla extract, beating to look too pretty to eat, but I think the next time made. T keep my husband away from them a luscious lemon Buttercream Frosting over top of the..