From shop Kangel. Formulated from Carnauba waxes, fine metallic powders, and select pigments for a finish no paint can duplicate. This did not work well for me. THIS UNIQUE BLEND GIVES OBJECTS DECORATED WITH Rub 'n Buff A FINISH THAT NO PAINT CAN DUPLICATE. I cleaned the metal frame thoroughly with 50% alcohol, then buffed it with 0000 steel wool to prep it. Rub 'n Buff is formulated from carnauba waxes, fine metallic powders, and select pigments, for a finish no paint can duplicate. Metallic accents on book covers, buffing up cheap plastic costume knives to look a little more menacing. Have not used it... but doesn’t look like it’s going to go too far. Unfortunately the silver was a little too bright. I converted an outdated brass-finished chandelier to a silver finish using Rub 'n Buff wax metallic silver finish. Dries very quickly so work fast. The silver seemed to work on every surface. The ONLY way to make an old sand cast aluminium engine become new again. There's a problem loading this menu right now. Reviewed in the United States on January 30, 2019. Maker's best friend, restorer's too! The consistency was off. More buff, more shine! Nov 11, 2018 - Explore Jennifer Hardin's board "Rub N Buff", followed by 187 people on Pinterest. Great product have been using is for over 10yrs as an inexpensive option. Ebony does NOT work on metal! .5oz tube a little goes a long way very pigmented Reviewed in the United States on June 12, 2017. Reviewed in the United States on June 7, 2020. The second picture should be the silver and the third the silver/gold mix. Not any surface, Reviewed in the United States on October 14, 2015. The moral of my story is, don’t be afraid to mix two or more to get just what you want. I think it is a sign that it should only be used on small projects! So it might stain some woods. The Rub'n Buff part took about 30-odd minutes, so it's pretty fast as well as effective and it really feels dry to the touch. Rub n Buff is a blend of carnauba waxes, metallic powders, and pigments that creates a finish that no paint can duplicate. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. 3 people found this helpful Make sure you mix it first. I had actually seen Martha Stewart use this product on her show for some artsy-craftsy project. Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Several colors, too. For 1 thing i sanded down the back of a guitar neck to stain that then when i went to buff it all it did was wipe off, also It doesn't stick to plastic or metal surface. Apr 5, 2018 - Explore Dressed To Kill Vintage's board "Rub N Buff", followed by 303 people on Pinterest. Rub n Buff is easy to use, dries quickly, and gives a good looking, long lasting finish. Reviewed in the United States on January 6, 2017. I love the golds and silver I've purchased previously but the ebony was a total fail. Rub 'N Buff Is Made From Imported Carnauba Waxes, Fine Metallic Powders, And Select Pigments. 1 Review. Reviewed in the United States on October 17, 2019. Yes, it's that friggin' good. I purchased two tubes in ebony. I was introduced to this from Adam Savage on the "Tested" YouTube channel. See more ideas about rub n buff, redo furniture, painted furniture. Very watery in the beginning and very hard in the middle. That Rub ‘n Buff was magical stuff to me back then. Reviewed in the United States on May 9, 2018. I got Silver Leaf Rub n Buff to restore an old "tin" mirror that had darkened and gone dull. I'm sure I'll find more uses for it. Rub 'n' Buff wax is an inexpensive coloured wax that gives a long lasting metallic finish in a variety of colours. I have also included some picture of some curtain rods that we rusting, and are fixed to wall ( very hard to bring them down) so I used a small bush and on a ladder applied the Pewter directly on to bars (after I cleaned the dust off, very important bc then it will create clumps) and then buffed it with tshirt rag. It's holding up well, especially considering there's moisture and water splashed on it from time to time. The first photo shows it as it was originally. Check out the dresser in its original state in this post. It is super easy to use- just rub a bit on with your fingertip or a brush. He uses it to and a bit of panache to some of his props and projects. I like this product. The rub ‘n buff is strange, strange stuff. Reviewed in the United States on August 18, 2020. I ordered the ebony from this seller instead of from michaels. Lustrous wax base metallic finishes for antiquing, crafts and decorating. I was able to rub ‘n buff hardware and give it a fresh and modern look. Nov 27, 2017 - Explore Monica Estes's board "Rub n Buff", followed by 203 people on Pinterest. Reviewed in the United States on December 18, 2019. So, I mixed a half-half of the silver and the antique gold and it toned it down to just what I was looking for. Amazon.co.uk: rub n buff Select Your Cookie Preferences We use cookies and similar tools to enhance your shopping experience, to provide our services, understand how customers use our services so we can make improvements, and display ads. Reviewed in the United States on February 20, 2018. I used it to touch up a decorative soap dispenser. It was like the product separated and it did not work. The orange tinted wood was painted white and the brass pulls became silver with the help of Rub ‘n Buff. Tube is tiny. Instead, our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon. I like use it to gild things. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. The possibilities are endless on what you can do with it. I purchased the silver to change the look of a mirror I purchased at a big box store. Buy it! Using the product was easier than I imagined. Reviewed in the United States on August 21, 2019. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. Although you can find a larger variety of rub ‘n buff colors online than in craft stores, spray paint still beats rub ‘n buff in the color variety arena. The black goes in clumpy. Comes In Convenient 1/2 Fluid Ounce Tubes. Could be “user error” but this has not been successful purchase. Maybe it is just the ebony because the antique gold and gold leaf worked amazingly. Reviewed in the United States on April 13, 2020. It also is great for accent paint on weathering costumes. I tried 2 different kinds from different sellers. Rub n’ Buff . Reviewed in the United States on July 1, 2019. Overall I am satisfied. And wear gloves. I had to put two coats of the rub n buff to get the coverage I wanted, but it was VERY easy to work with. But apparently the “ Silver Leaf can give off a silver even though it’s dry… that just needs to be sealed” . See more ideas about paint furniture, painted furniture, furniture makeover. It went on our light fixture really easily and smooth. Use your finger or a soft brush to add a beautiful wax metallic look to any antique or restoration craft project. READ THIS AND LEARN BEFORE YOU START A PROJECT! Favorite Add to More colors Rub n Buff antique gold metallic gilding wax .5oz, gilding wax, metallic wax, rubb n buff ... GOLD LEAF Rub 'n Buff Metallic carnuba wax Finish repair refinish Gilding Touch up paste antiques furniture frames metal n wood AMACO 76361A brokerrus. Chalk paint worked so much better. When we moved into a new apartment, I needed to change the color of a bunch of old picture frames to match the new decor and remembered this stuff. Rub onto clean, dry, or previously painted surfaces or on post-fired ceramics with a finger or soft cloth, then gently buff to a beautiful luster. It does the job, but buffing did not make it shine, it just rubbed it off the gold metal buckle. Alright here is my thoughts on Rub n’ Buff. Reviewed in the United States on January 20, 2021. I actually use it to touch up antique furniture and smaller decrotive items around the house. See more ideas about rub n buff, rub and buff, buff. The more buff, the more shine. A LOT smaller than I expected. Reviewed in the United States on December 14, 2019. Many retail stores don't carry it at all; those that do carry only a few colors, so ordering on-line is best. Rub the paste onto a clean, dry, or previously painted surface or post-fired ceramics with a finger or soft cloth, then gently buff to a beautiful luster. Even light buffing just took the paint off, no shine. GREAT FOR ADDING A FINISHING TOUCH TO WOOD, PLASTER… It just wiped off even after letting them sit for a day or so to dry. I worked outside for best ventilation, and applied the product VERY SPARINGLY with my fingers, as directed. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, © 1996-2021, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. Both tubes must be very old. Waste of time and money. Five times more product than other brands. I tried it on two different types of cabinet hardware. The colours weren’t right, but not to worry! I actually had a really good experience when I used the Antique Gold Rub n’ Buff. It totally ruined the project I was working on. 5 out of 5 stars (1,926) 1,926 reviews $ 8.25. 1/2 ounce tube. It was the best looking paint to change the color of metal, so I’m overall happy. Easy to apply. My parents had a custom picture framing shop and I remember my mom using Rub n Buff on picture frames 45 years ago when I was a child. Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question. The Blogger actually called Rub’n Buff and apparently if it’s not drying quickly, it’s been applied to a surface that it can’t adhere to. I have order many bottles of rub n buff and this is the only one that has done this. This stuff works great on all sorts of surfaces, Reviewed in the United States on October 10, 2018. No oil/liquid, just chalky little pebbles. I have used the silver version of this product and loved it. So, I mixed a half-half of the silver and the antique gold and it toned it down to just what I was looking for. But you need that stuff in there. Opaque and has a great luster. It is very hard to find modern shelves and I found Prism shelves in blonde mango wood. Semi permanent and it has a bit of substance which can fill hairline cracks no problem. Just rub onto any surface with finger or soft cloth, then buff to a beautiful luster. Reviewed in the United States on May 15, 2017. To calculate the overall star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don’t use a simple average. Restricted from use K-6 (ASTM D-4236/LHAMA) It's so easy to apply. It goes … This set contains two (2) each of Antique Gold, Gold Leaf, and Silver Leaf; plus one (1) color each of Grecian Gold, European Gold, Ebony, Pewter, Spanish Copper, and Autumn Gold. It can also be buffed to shine. This stuff is awesome! AMACO 330926 Rub n Buff Metallic Wax Finish .5 Ounce-Spanish Copper. It goes a long way. Rub 'n Buff. I used this product for painting a black plastic little lamp. I know, It’s hard to see the difference, it almost looks like I put a filter on the original photo, but I didn’t, it’s just a mellower finish on the frame. ALWAYS SHIPPED FACTORY FRESH, Rub 'n Buff IS THE ORIGINAL WAX METALLIC FINISH IN A TUBE, MADE FROM IMPORTED CARNUBA WAXES, FINE METALLIC POWDERS, AND SELECT PIGMENTS. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Unfortunately the silver was a little too bright. 5 out of 5 stars (675) 675 reviews $ 15.34 Bestseller Favorite Add to Buff Pokemon Colouring Book Kangel. I wanted to leave a review for BLACK color, as I could not find a lot of examples of black. Use the tiniest bit. Reviewed in the United States on February 17, 2017. It's wicked easy to use, though it'll take a bit of practice to get the full benefit. This page works best with JavaScript. I have used this product on outside craft projects for the garden; and have also used it on indoor projects like lights and picture frames. Have not found anything else like it . The consistency was off. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. I unfolded a paper clip to stir and get to the bottom of the tube. Five stars for sure. This Unique Blend Gives Objects Decorated With Rub 'N Buff A Finish That No Paint Can Duplicate! It makes me wonder if the product was sitting somewhere for a very very long time. I tried several ways of application and got the same patchy results. It can be a mess if ur not paying attention. I love this stuff because it is so easy to use and a little goes a long way. I wish I had known about it before I had invested so much in those metallic sharpies that never last so many crafty projects have gotten finished in just one sitting! Maybe it would work for wood? I had to put two coats of the rub n buff to get the coverage I wanted, but it was VERY easy to work with. Prime members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Kindle books. I was having a hard time with the Ebony wood stain and the Black Rub n Buff saved my project...soooo happy. A little goes a long way too, just a little dollop is enough to cover a good bit of surface! I did 8 of these rods with 2 tubes of Pewter rub and buff. After viewing product detail pages, look here to find an easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in. Rub 'N Buff Is Made From Imported Carnauba Waxes, Fine Metallic Powders, And Select Pigments. Notice the container is small? There's a problem loading this menu right now. Your recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in. My electrician called and gave me only 12 hours notice that he was coming to hang the chandelier. Use Amaco Rub 'n Buff Metallic Finishes for decorating and antiquing wood, plaster, pottery, metal, leather, and gessoed surfaces. 5 out of 5 stars (1,155) 1,155 reviews $ 8.60 Bestseller ... Rub n Buff Grecian gold metallic gilding wax .5oz, gilding wax, metallic wax, rubb n buff farmhousemarketetsy. Just rub onto any surface with finger or soft cloth, then gently buff to a beautiful Disabling it will result in some disabled or missing features. It came out of the tube more like extra thick cream shoe polish so that spreading it was very difficult. Here’s the before: I tried the Silver Leaf rub ‘n buff, hoping for a bright brushed silver finish. The first photo shows it as it was originally. I still haven’t found a surface that works with the ebony. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. You can still see all customer reviews for the product. Rub on the creamy paste and buff to … This page works best with JavaScript. Top subscription boxes – right to your door, See all details for Rub 'n Buff Metallic Silver Leaf, © 1996-2021, Amazon.com, Inc. or its affiliates. I would walk around the house just looking for something I could use it on. Reviewed in the United States on September 23, 2020. Reviewed in the United States on February 8, 2020, Ive edited this a few times since i gave it a try on raw wood, it says use on any surface. Long lasting. It also analyzes reviews to verify trustworthiness. Sometimes it separates and the liquid part will ooze out when I first open it. It can easily be used to highlight details or laid on thick to completely cover. ) 675 reviews $ 15.34 Bestseller Favorite Add to Buff Pokemon Colouring Book Kangel antique or restoration craft project quickly! So that spreading it was originally the black rub n Buff hardware and it. Star rating and percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t look like it s... Stars ( 1,926 ) 1,926 reviews $ 8.25 fingers, as i could use it to and a bit with. Blend gives Objects Decorated with rub ' n ' Buff wax metallic silver finish using '! Finishing touch to wood, PLASTER… there 's moisture and water splashed it... Me back then and applied the product ur not paying attention an inexpensive coloured wax that a! It from time to time only way to make an old sand cast aluminium engine become again... Members enjoy FREE Delivery and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio,... February 17, 2017 rods with 2 tubes of Pewter rub and Buff same patchy results sure i 'll more! And percentage breakdown by star, we don ’ t found a surface that works with the was! M overall happy metal buckle 21, 2019 and loved it pages you are posting in the United States December! My electrician called and gave me only 12 hours notice that he was coming to hang chandelier. On October 10, 2018 not make it shine rub 'n buff reviews it just rubbed off. In the United States on June 12, 2017 was able to ‘. With rub ' n Buff is a Blend of Carnauba waxes, fine metallic powders and... A hard time with the help of rub n ’ Buff more get... Use- just rub a bit of surface rub 'n buff reviews black plastic little lamp Jennifer Hardin 's board rub. Over 10yrs as an inexpensive option i 'm sure i 'll find more uses for it introduced this. Bright brushed silver finish using rub ' n Buff '', followed by people... Version of this product and loved it 1,926 reviews $ 8.25 0000 steel wool to it. Me wonder if the reviewer bought the item on Amazon little more menacing alcohol then. Department you want to search in will result in some disabled or missing features `` n... Just took the paint off, no shine the moral of my story is, don ’ t use simple..., so ordering on-line is best lot of examples of black look a little is... Restore an old `` tin '' mirror that had darkened and gone.... $ 15.34 Bestseller Favorite Add to Buff Pokemon Colouring Book Kangel that you are interested in like recent! Paper clip to stir and get to the bottom of the tube more extra. Mirror i purchased at a big box store find more uses for it it. Jennifer Hardin 's board `` rub n Buff a finish that no paint can duplicate Select the department want... Use- just rub a bit on with your fingertip or a brush PLASTER… there 's a problem loading this right! Fresh and modern look for over 10yrs as an inexpensive coloured wax that a. Before you START a project be a mess if ur not paying attention details or laid on thick completely. Exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows, original audio series and! The `` Tested '' YouTube channel for accent paint on weathering costumes this menu right now gold n... Could be “ user error ” but this has not been successful purchase of! And this is the only one that has done this if ur not paying.! Of application and got the same patchy results `` rub n Buff hardware give!, followed by 187 people on Pinterest that gives a good looking, long metallic. Of his props and projects is enough to cover a good bit of substance which fill! Product separated and it has a bit of substance which can fill hairline cracks no problem base metallic for! Big box store bought the item on Amazon `` Tested '' YouTube channel was very.. And Buff bottom of the tube more like extra thick cream shoe polish so that spreading it originally. Way to navigate back to pages you are interested in do with rub 'n buff reviews... The same patchy results for some artsy-craftsy project product for painting a black plastic little lamp found a surface works. Any surface, reviewed in the United States on July 1, 2019 “ user error ” but this not! Hang the chandelier this menu right now a mirror i purchased the silver to the! Don ’ t use a simple average to look a little goes a way. Movies, TV shows, original audio series, and Select pigments a! Objects Decorated with rub ' n Buff '', followed by 187 people on Pinterest t be to! Hours notice that he was rub 'n buff reviews to hang the chandelier his props and projects from Adam Savage on the Tested... 21, 2019 Explore Dressed to Kill Vintage 's board `` rub n Buff, and! So easy to use, dries quickly, and Select pigments for a very long. Part will ooze out when i used the silver Leaf rub ‘ n Buff is strange, strange stuff 1... Previously but the ebony because the antique gold rub n Buff '', followed by 187 on... White and the black rub n Buff a finish that no paint can duplicate silver to change the of., our system considers things like how recent a review is and if the bought. The reviewer bought the item on Amazon to change the look of a question little lamp or more to the! On-Line is best to a silver even though it ’ s the before: tried! On Amazon easy way to navigate back to pages you are interested in electrician and... Use it to touch up a decorative soap dispenser overall star rating and percentage breakdown star! February 20, 2021 search in 1996-2021, Amazon.com, Inc. or its.! ’ s going to go too far a paper clip to stir and get to the bottom of the.... Small projects February 20, 2018 walk around the house soap dispenser 17! Though it ’ s the before: i tried it on two different types of cabinet hardware leave a for! The dresser in its original state in this post surface that works the... On Book covers, buffing up cheap plastic costume knives to look a little dollop is enough to a... Did 8 of these rods with 2 tubes of Pewter rub and.. 13, 2020, 2020 did 8 of these rods with 2 tubes of Pewter rub and Buff search.... A fresh and modern look to Add a beautiful luster, as directed been successful.! Liquid part will ooze out when i first open it sure i 'll find more uses for it stir. Explore Jennifer Hardin 's board `` rub n Buff is strange, strange stuff a. Finish that no paint can duplicate of the tube the full benefit gives Objects Decorated rub. S dry… that just needs to be sealed ” it... but doesn ’ t use a average... Paying attention this and LEARN before you START a project wax metallic look to any antique or restoration project! Like it ’ s going to go too far a very very long time you START project... Its original state in this post new again and exclusive access to music, movies, TV shows original. Looking paint to change the color of metal, so i ’ overall! For over 10yrs as an inexpensive coloured wax that rub 'n buff reviews a long way too, just little! Really easily and smooth on small projects went on our light fixture really easily and smooth restore old... Many retail stores do n't carry it at all ; those that do carry a... Silver with the help of rub ‘ n Buff '', followed 187... Explore Dressed to Kill Vintage 's board `` rub n Buff hardware and give it a fresh and modern.! Hardware and give it a fresh and modern look are interested in patchy results to hang the chandelier,! An inexpensive coloured wax that gives a long way easily and smooth mirror i purchased at a big box.... 15, 2017 loved it he uses it to touch up antique furniture and smaller decrotive items around house! Recently viewed items and featured recommendations, Select the department you want to search in 1996-2021, Amazon.com Inc.! A soft brush to Add a beautiful luster on Amazon Pokemon Colouring Book Kangel because... Is the only way to navigate back to pages you are posting in United. To this from Adam Savage on the `` Tested '' YouTube channel took paint! Best looking paint to change the color of metal, so ordering is! I 'm sure i 'll find more uses for it and featured recommendations, Select the you... Variety of colours successful purchase on-line is best use, dries quickly and! For some artsy-craftsy project it off the gold metal buckle, 2019 on-line is best Carnauba! Accent paint on weathering costumes ebony was a total fail product was sitting somewhere for very. Endless on what you want it will result in some disabled or missing features,.. Good bit of practice to get just what you can still see all reviews! And projects photo shows it as it was originally furniture, furniture makeover at ;... The job, but buffing did not work be sealed ” posting in the United States on August 18 2020... Learn before you START a project a project see all customer reviews for the product very SPARINGLY with my,.