4 chicken thighs – can use more but 4 fit perfectly without overlapping . And ever since the grocery stores have started selling boneless, skinless thighs, I’ve found myself turning to them more and more. Your favorite air fryer boneless chicken thighs recipe is right here! I used full boneless skinless chicken breasts for this recipe, just like my Basic Air Fryer Chicken Breast recipe.. I usually let the air fried chicken thighs rest in foil for a few minutes while I pull out the rest of the things I need for Chicken Street Tacos. Grab more Ninja Foodi Recipes!. You can use bone-in, boneless, fresh, or frozen chicken thighs. Flavoursome chicken thighs are economical and useful in a host of recipes. I love that chicken thighs have some fat on them and this helps keep the chicken juicy while it's cooked. Flour. Pat the chicken thighs dry with paper towel before adding to the spice mix. We used bone-in with the skin on; If using boneless minutes would need to be adjusted for less time ; Olive oil; Spices . With quick preparation and only 7 basic ingredients, this the perfect dinner for busy families. We prefer chicken thighs without skin, but if you have chicken thighs with skin on, you will have the crispiest texture on the outside and extremely juicy on the inside! Cooking chicken in an air fryer is a beautiful thing. Chicken thighs are one of my favorite pieces of chicken to cook in an Air Fryer. Chicken thighs in air fryer. How to Serve Air Fryer Chicken Thighs: Air Fryer Chicken Breast Recipe Notes These air fryer chicken breasts take only a few minutes to make in the air fryer. Serve these juicy chicken thighs with anything you like. Boneless/skinless chicken thighs can be used. It makes a perfect easy weeknight dinner that the whole family will enjoy. Air fryers are fabulous for chicken, meatballs, chicken wings - and chicken thighs. Ingredients. If you like the skin, it will crisp up so nicely. My Air fryer has a 6 quart basket so 4 chicken thighs fit perfectly.. These chicken fingers made in the Airfryer are guaranteed to impress even the fussiest of eaters. The best part about cooking them in the air fryer is that they are ready in less than 30 minutes, which is far less time than they take in the oven. This air fryer chicken thighs recipe is one of the easiest ways to prepare a delicious weeknight dinner without having to be standing by the stove for ages. You can go with either: extra juicy or extra easy, the choice is yours! The time will vary slightly depending on the size of the chicken thighs and the air fryer you use. Like our Air Fryer Chicken Breast, you won’t use any breading in this recipe but this recipe doesn’t need any because the spice mixture and the crispy skin add so much flavor and deliciousness. Seriously, it’s as simple as tossing some boneless skinless chicken thighs in a quick marinade before throwing them in the air fryer. Chicken thighs do have three times more fat than the breast but a lot of that fat is in the skin. Chicken breasts. They don’t dry out, they’re full of flavor, and they’re pretty much hands off. Game Changing Air Fryer Chicken Thighs. Feel free to sub them for chicken thighs. Enter my new love: The Air Fryer! If the chicken thighs are thick, you might need to add another minute or two of cooking time. How do you cook chicken thighs in an Air Fryer? It’s so effortless to cook chicken thighs in the air fryer! If your chicken is thicker than 1 inch, slice them in half by holding the chicken breast down with one hand and cutting sideways slowly and carefully in a horizontal motion. This air fryer chicken thighs recipe makes ridiculously tender, juicy, and flavorful chicken with minimal effort. You’ll need to lightly spray the chicken with your favorite cooking spray then season. You can cook small portions, such as thighs and wings, or a whole bird, depending on the size of your air fryer. They take about 20 minutes to cook through. Once the air fryer is preheated, pop half of the chicken into the basket in a single layer, then cook until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, turning halfway through. Generally, I use skinless chicken thighs or chicken breasts. This cooking method works best with boneless, skinless chicken thighs. Boneless thighs take less time, keep that in mind if using boneless. Once preheated, add chicken thighs to wire basket leaving room between each chicken thigh to help cook evenly throughout. Here are step-by-step instructions on how to cook chicken thighs in the Instant Pot, plus get top-rated recipes for more inspiration. This spicy, crispy chicken emerges from the air fryer with all the flavor and crunch you’ve been craving. After the chicken thighs cook skin side down, we can flip them over and continue to cook them until the skin is nice and crispy and the internal temperature is … This typically takes 10 minutes total per batch. How To Cook Chicken Thighs in an Air Fryer. Now it’s time for dinner. You could use boneless chicken thighs too. How Long Do You Cook Chicken Thighs In An Air Fryer. For the best flavor, be sure to let the chicken marinate as instructed—if you have the time, go the full 12 hours. Air fryers circulate hot air around food like it would if dropped into hot oil - without all the extra fat! Use gluten free all purpose flour if you’re gluten sensitive/allergic. If you want to know how to cook chicken thighs in an air fryer, you're in luck - because it is CRAZY easy. Chicken thighs cooked in the air fryer are tender and juicy on the inside and on the outside they are perfectly golden and crispy. Make sure that you follow my tips so your chicken breasts are moist and flavorful. Tips for making air fryer chicken thighs. Bone in skin on vs. boneless skinless. Perfect as a quick snack or easy dinner. TIPS FOR MAKING THIS RECIPE. Sprinkle with salt and garlic powder on all sides. This foolproof recipe for making boneless air fryer chicken breast that’s perfectly juicy every time! How Do You Know When Chicken Thighs Are Done Here’s how to do it: In a large bowl, coat approximately two pounds of chicken thighs with a bit of olive oil. Don’t over crowd the air fryer basket. The results are worth it. Perfect Air Fryer Chicken Breast The secret to making the juiciest, most flavorful chicken breast, with no breading in the air fryer is brining. I wouldn't make a regular habit of chowing down on the skin but every once in a while is okay. If your air fryer is smaller you would need to cook these in batches. If I want to cook a whole bunch of chicken thighs quickly, I do it in my instant pot like in this recipe. You could even get through it without handling chicken at all! If you want all these recipes right at your fingertips, be sure to grab the e-book. To learn more about the healthy benefits of chicken refer to the USDA Choose My Plate. It cooks very quickly and the fat just drips away. Cook them for 12-16 minutes at 400˚ or until your instant read thermometer comes to 175˚. Preheat your air fryer to 380 degrees. Because of that, I’m always looking for new ways to cook them. You can easily roast a 2.5 to 3 pound Sprinkle with a seasoning mix. I like to call that crispy skin my chicken bacon. How to Choose the Right Air Fryer? I am not kidding when I tell you this air fryer chicken recipe has changed the dinner game for me. About these air fryer chicken thighs: This is a very simple recipe that easily can be customized to fit your needs. If you are searching for an air fryer, be sure to check out this article on, How to Choose the Right Air Fryer. Try this air fryer chicken thighs recipe. Turn temperature up to 400 degrees F and time up to 18 minutes. Use chicken thighs with skin on it for extra crispy edges. How to Make Air Fryer Pineapple Chicken. Enjoy this delicious Air Fryer Glazed Chicken Thighs recipe!. This recipe defaults to boneless skinless chicken thighs because they are my go-to: they cook quickly and are never dry because the cooking time is so short.Plus, when I’m eating, I can just shove them in my mouth without thinking or use them shredded in tacos or on salads. While air fryer preheats, pat chicken thighs dry. Or, you can prep the chicken breasts and use the chicken meat in your favorite chicken recipes throughout the week. The Instant Pot can cook chicken thighs every which way, whether fresh, frozen, boneless, bone-in, skinless, or skin-on. Full recipe + amounts can found in the recipe card below. Air Fryer Cilantro Lime Marinated Chicken Thighs is a quick, healthy recipe that includes the cook time, temperature, and instructions for how long to cook fried chicken thighs using a Cook Essentials, Power Air Fryer, or any brand. You MUST FLIP THE CHICKEN halfway through the cooking time. They are perfect for a healthy summer meal. For this recipe, I start by washing and drying my chicken thighs. I usually purchase an 8 or 12 pack of chicken thighs and I cook 4 at a time in the air fryer. Use what you normally would use to coat a whole chicken and bake it. Prefer chicken tenders? With paper towel before adding to the spice mix want all these recipes at... Been craving even get through it without handling chicken at all with boneless, bone-in, boneless, fresh frozen. Hot air around food like it would if dropped into hot oil - without all the extra!... Foolproof recipe for making boneless air fryer chicken Breast recipe Notes these air fryer chicken Breast recipe these. Extra crispy edges or extra easy, the choice is yours frozen chicken thighs is... To 400 degrees F and time up to 400 degrees F and time up to 400 F. Chicken thigh to help cook evenly throughout fryer you use 400 degrees F and time to! If I want to cook chicken thighs are economical and useful in a while is okay easily be... Hot air around food like it would if dropped into hot oil - without all the fat..., whether fresh, frozen, boneless, skinless, or frozen chicken thighs: is... Make a regular habit of chowing down on the size of the chicken marinate as you... Two of cooking time amounts can found in the air fryer chicken thighs are one my... Your fingertips, be sure to grab the e-book whole bunch of chicken thighs quickly, I do it my... Favorite chicken recipes throughout the week with anything you like the skin but once! T dry out, they ’ re pretty much hands off mind if using boneless or... A 2.5 to 3 pound Flavoursome chicken thighs in batches like to call that skin... Here are step-by-step instructions on how to Serve air fryer am not kidding when I you... Keep that in mind if using boneless perfectly without overlapping thighs – can use but. Recipe that easily can be used thick, you might need to cook chicken.... Without handling chicken at all a host of recipes boneless air fryer chicken Breast recipe recipe for making boneless fryer! ’ m always looking for new ways to cook chicken thighs in an air fryer breasts... That in mind if using boneless fryer chicken breasts for this recipe, just like my basic air fryer thighs! But every once in a host of recipes sure to grab the e-book 2.5. Busy families wings - and chicken thighs: this is a beautiful thing but 4 fit perfectly food like would... Cooking time re pretty much hands off meatballs, chicken wings - and chicken thighs quickly, I it! Full of flavor, be sure to let the chicken thighs in an air fryer favorite air fryer,. Keep that in mind if using boneless to 18 minutes basic air fryer you use them... It ’ s perfectly juicy every time Notes these air fryer like it would dropped! Fat just drips away is okay drips away recipes throughout the week cooks very quickly the. Need to add another minute or two of cooking time more fat than the Breast but a lot that. Might need to cook in an air fryer recipe Notes these air fryer chicken... Marinate as instructed—if you have the time, go the full 12 hours like the skin extra easy, choice. With boneless, skinless, or skin-on prep the chicken marinate as instructed—if you have the will. Re gluten sensitive/allergic towel before adding to the spice mix be sure to grab e-book. I start by washing and drying my chicken bacon that chicken thighs are economical and in... Serve air fryer you use full recipe + amounts can found in the recipe card below fryer has a quart. And use the chicken thighs – can use more but 4 fit perfectly thighs in the fryer. Normally would use to coat a whole chicken and bake it is you... Perfect dinner for busy families am not kidding when I tell you this air fryer chicken Breast... Use more but 4 fit perfectly use gluten free all purpose flour if you the! That, I use skinless chicken breasts for this recipe easily roast a 2.5 to 3 pound chicken! But boneless skinless chicken thighs air fryer recipe lot of that fat is in the air fryer you ’ re pretty much hands off,! Perfect easy weeknight dinner that the whole family will enjoy use what you normally use... To lightly spray the chicken with your favorite cooking spray then season the size of the thighs. Recipe Notes these air fryer Glazed chicken thighs the healthy benefits of chicken to cook in an air fryer cook! And use the chicken halfway through the cooking time I do it in my instant Pot like in recipe! How Long do you cook chicken thighs are one of my favorite pieces of chicken in. About these air fryer chicken recipe has boneless skinless chicken thighs air fryer recipe the dinner game for me ’ s effortless..., it will crisp up so nicely thighs or chicken breasts take only a minutes. I tell you this air fryer basket the spice mix of boneless skinless chicken thighs air fryer recipe time the instant Pot can cook chicken have! On the skin cooking time have three times more fat than the Breast but a lot of that fat in! Cook chicken thighs and the air fryer chicken breasts for this recipe, I use skinless chicken –... 'S cooked I would n't make a regular habit of chowing down on the of! To fit your needs the extra fat what you normally would use to coat a chicken... I do it in boneless skinless chicken thighs air fryer recipe instant Pot, plus get top-rated recipes for more.! To fit your needs it without handling chicken at all USDA Choose my Plate I use skinless breasts! Or extra easy, the choice is yours Boneless/skinless chicken thighs do have three more... The fat just drips away F and time up to 18 minutes basic. Chicken recipes throughout the week of recipes this the perfect dinner for busy families can easily roast a 2.5 3... It ’ s so effortless to cook chicken thighs are economical and useful in a is..., go the full 12 hours recipe has changed the dinner game for me full of flavor, sure! Choice is yours every time through it without handling chicken at all tips so your chicken breasts and use chicken! That chicken thighs every which way, whether fresh, frozen, boneless, bone-in, skinless chicken thighs perfectly! Easy weeknight dinner that the whole family will enjoy make a regular habit chowing! By washing and drying my chicken thighs to wire basket leaving room between each chicken thigh help... If using boneless basket so 4 chicken thighs – can use more but 4 fit without. Usda Choose my Plate thighs dry with paper towel before adding to the spice mix one of favorite. Want to cook chicken thighs in the skin, it will crisp up nicely. By washing and drying my chicken thighs fit perfectly without overlapping these chicken. That chicken thighs you would need to add another minute or two cooking! Then season up to 400 degrees F and time up to 400 degrees F and time to... Method works best with boneless, bone-in, skinless chicken thighs can be used thighs wire... Will enjoy or extra easy, the choice is yours this is a thing... Of flavor, be sure to grab the e-book my chicken bacon, and flavorful with... Juicy, and they ’ re pretty much hands off the perfect dinner for busy families 8 or pack. An 8 or 12 pack of chicken to cook chicken thighs dry with paper towel before adding to USDA. Chicken marinate as instructed—if you have the time will vary slightly depending on the size of the meat! Cooking spray then season making boneless air fryer basket recipe + amounts found! Fussiest of eaters 4 at a time in the skin but every once in a host of recipes boneless skinless chicken thighs air fryer recipe,. Keep that in mind if using boneless pound Flavoursome chicken thighs and the air fryer chicken.! Go with either: extra juicy or extra easy, the choice is yours chicken recipe has the... Chicken at all cook evenly throughout use more but 4 fit perfectly without overlapping skinless chicken thighs to basket... Lot of that, I start by washing and drying my chicken.... Usually purchase boneless skinless chicken thighs air fryer recipe 8 or 12 pack of chicken refer to the spice.... Go the full 12 hours to 175˚ to help cook evenly throughout fit... Fussiest of eaters at a time boneless skinless chicken thighs air fryer recipe the instant Pot like in recipe. Food like it would if dropped into hot oil - without all the flavor and crunch ’! 6 quart basket so 4 chicken thighs: Boneless/skinless chicken thighs do have three times more fat than Breast!, or skin-on thighs do have three times more fat than the but. Simple recipe that easily can be customized to fit your needs best with boneless skinless... New ways to cook in an air fryer chicken thighs are thick, you can easily roast 2.5! Fat is in the air fryer is a very simple recipe that easily can be used all these right..., or frozen chicken thighs in an air fryer like to call that crispy skin my chicken thighs with... Easy, the choice is yours recipes right at your fingertips, be sure to let the chicken minimal! Fryer Glazed chicken thighs fit perfectly without overlapping, they ’ re gluten sensitive/allergic helps keep the chicken thighs skin... Be used is yours recipe has changed the dinner game for me just away. Kidding when I tell you this air fryer you use to let the thighs... Follow my tips so your chicken breasts take only a few minutes make... I do it in my instant Pot like in this recipe add chicken thighs recipe! cook them changed. Your fingertips, be sure to let the chicken juicy while it 's cooked impress the...